Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Mixed Pepper Vinaigrette - Grow Your Own # 8

While visiting the family farm I picked different types of pepper and made this vinaigrette that goes so well as an appetizer, with any side dish or as a dressing for grilled vegetables.
Straight from the farm

This is my entry for March's Grow Your Own event at Andrea's Recipes. Click the badge to view all events listed on the page and get to know some wonderful blogs that participate and share their passion for homegrown ingredients.

Ingredients: (quantities may vary, pick assorted colors)
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 fresh hot peppers, seeded and diced (chili, malagueta or Aji)
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon vinegar or lime juice
1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning or oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup anchovies, sliced (aliche) - optional

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Serve over sliced italian bread as an appetizer or with any kind of grilled vegetables.
With anchovies and extra parsley.

6 comments:

Peter M said...

What a lovely appetizer...I'm going ti try this out in the summer.

Thistlemoon said...

That looks so summery and delicious, Cris! I am gearing up for pepper time! I tend to OD on those little sweet ones!

Laurie Constantino said...

I can just taste the freshness of this salad - perfect for a summer day (or to bring the taste of summer into a winter home!)

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Ooh, I love this--it's so simple and fresh. I'm definitely going to be trying this when I get some fresh peppers.

SteamyKitchen said...

I have grown peppers in my garden- my jalapenos are doing great, but my hungarians are slllow growing.

Andrea said...

Look at all those peppers! I can't wait to get some in the ground, but have to wait another month before it's warm enough. Thanks for sharing such a delicious dish for Grow Your Own!