- When cooking rice add a few drops of lime for an extra flavor.
- To cook 1 cup dried rice, add 2 cups water.
2 cups long-grain white rice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups boiling water (or chicken broth)
1) Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and sautée for a minute, until fragrant.
2) Add rice, let it sit for 10 seconds, then stir to coat the grains with the oil, season with salt and stir-fry about 2 minutes.
3) Add the boiling water. Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat, remove the lid, fluff it with a fork and add the lime juice if using any. Put the lid back on and let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving.